Temporary Status : Study Permits

Before you can apply for a Study Permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada.

To be eligible to study in Canada

  • You must have received acceptance from a Canadian educational institution, such as a school, college, or university.
  • You must demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any accompanying family members, as well as return transportation.
  • You must have a clean criminal record and not pose a security risk to Canada. A police certificate may be required.
  • You must be in good health and may need to undergo a medical examination if necessary.
  • You must convince a visa officer that you will leave Canada upon completion of your studies.


If you plan to enroll in a short-term course or program lasting six months or less, you do not require a Study Permit. However, it is still recommended to apply for one.

Family members or staff of foreign representatives to Canada may not need a permit. Contact your embassy or the Office of Protocol at Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada for clarification.

Members of foreign armed forces under the Visiting Forces Act do not need a permit. However, their family members must meet the requirements if they wish to study in Canada.

How can QACICS help?

Once you have received an acceptance offer from a recognized Canadian educational institution, QACICS can assist you in preparing your Study Permit application and guide you on the required supporting documents to enhance your application's chances of success.

If you are interested in our services for obtaining a Study Permit, please submit your request through our General Inquiry Form.

If you would like to know more, answer a few simple questions Free Canada Immigration Eligibility Assessment and we will tell you if you qualify for Immigration to Canada. You may Call / WhatsApp +1 (416) 834-6031 or email info@qaimmigration.com or message us using the Contact form.

Temporary Status In Canada:

If you wish to come to Canada on a temporary basis, you can come as either a visitor, a student or a worker, assuming, of course, that you meet eligibility requirements.

Study Permits Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas Work Permits

Permanent Status - Canada Immigration Categories:

Federal Skilled Worker Class Provincial Nominee Program Canadian Experience Class Federal Skilled Trades Class Family Class Business Self-Employed Business Start-Up Visa