Temporary Status : Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas

If you plan to visit Canada, you must:

  • Possess a valid travel document, such as a passport.
  • Be in good health
  • Convince a visa officer that you have ties, such as employment, a home, and family, which will ensure your return to your country of origin.
  • Convince a visa officer that you will depart Canada at the end of your visit.
  • Have sufficient funds for your stay, which can vary depending on the nature and duration of your visit. For more information, consult the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

You may also require:

  • A Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship.
  • A medical examination
  • A letter of invitation from a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada


Certain individuals are deemed inadmissible and are not allowed to enter Canada. Inadmissibility can be due to involvement in criminal activity, human rights violations, organized crime, security concerns, health issues, or financial reasons.

Criminal inadmissibility

If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offense, you may be denied entry into Canada. This includes both minor and serious offenses such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a comprehensive list of criminal offenses in Canada, refer to the Canadian Criminal Code.

If you were convicted of a crime as a minor, you may still be permitted to enter Canada.

How can QACICS help?

QACICS can assist you by preparing an affidavit to serve as your letter of invitation. This document requires a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is a relative or friend to sign the affidavit inviting you to visit Canada. QACICS can also assist in completing the application forms for the Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa and provide guidance on the necessary supporting documents to increase the likelihood of a successful application.

If you would like to know more, answer a few simple questions Free Canada Immigration Eligibility Assessment and we will tell you if you qualify for Immigration to Canada. You may Call / WhatsApp +1 (416) 834-6031 or email info@qaimmigration.com or message us using the Contact form.

Temporary Status In Canada:

If you wish to come to Canada on a temporary basis, you can come as either a visitor, a student or a worker, assuming, of course, that you meet eligibility requirements.

Study Permits Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas Work Permits

Permanent Status - Canada Immigration Categories:

Federal Skilled Worker Class Provincial Nominee Program Canadian Experience Class Federal Skilled Trades Class Family Class Business Self-Employed Business Start-Up Visa