Atlantic Immigration Program

Immigrate to Canada by graduating from a Canadaian post-secondary institute or be eligible through your working experience in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland and Labrador.

About the program ?

The Atlantic Immigration Program is a pathway for skilled foreign workers and international graduates from a Canadian institution to obtain permanent residency in one of Canada's four Atlantic Provinces - driven program helps employers in Atlantic Canada hire qualified candidates for jobs they have been unable to fill locally. To participate in the program, applicants must receive a job offer from a designated employer in Atlantic Canada. Eligible applicants can be living abroad or already in Canada as temporary New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador. This employer- resident. To qualify, you must have qualifying work experience, meet or exceed educational and language requirements, and show sufficient funds to support yourself and your family upon arrival in Canada. If you are already working in Canada with a valid work permit, you do not need to provide proof. Once you meet these requirements, you can begin looking for a job with a designated Atlantic employer.

Work Experience:

In the last 5 years, you must have worked at least 1,560 hours. This is the number of hours you would have worked in 1 year if you were working 30 hours per week.
This work should be at one of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels
• NOC Skill Type 0 (management jobs such as restaurant managers, mine managers)
• NOC Skill Level A (professional jobs that usually need a degree from a university, such as doctors, dentists, architects)
• NOC Skill Level B (technical jobs and skilled trades such as chefs, electricians, plumbers)
• NOC Skill Level C (intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as industrial butchers,
long-haul truck drivers, food and beverage servers)

International Graduates

You must meet all the requirements below to be exempt from the work experience requirements. You do not need to meet the work experience requirements if you’re an international graduate who:
• has a degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship certification that took at least 2 years of studies
• is from a recognized post-secondary institution in 1 of the 4 Atlantic provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador)
• was a full-time student for the entire time you were studying
• lived in one of the following provinces for at least 16 months during the last 2 years before you graduated
o New Brunswick
o Nova Scotia
o Newfoundland and Labrador or
o Prince Edward Island
• had the visa or permit you needed to work, study or get training while you were in Canada

Educational Requirements

You must have one of these:
• a high school diploma, post-secondary certificate or degree if you studied in Canada
• an educational credential assessment (ECA) to show that your studies are equal to a Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree if you studied outside Canada
• your ECA report must be less than 5 years old on the date we get your application
• an education level at least equal to a Canadian one-year post-secondary certificate if you have a job offer at the NOC 0 or A skill type or level ,this must be confirmed with an ECA
• an education level at least equal to a Canadian high school certificate if you have a job offer at the NOC B or C skill levels, this must be confirmed with an ECA

Language Requirements

You must meet the minimum language requirements based on the NOC category that applies to your job offer. This can either be the
Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC)
The minimum language requirements for each NOC category are
• CLB/NCLC 5 for NOC 0, A and B
• CLB/NCLC 4 for NOC C
You must submit your results from a designated language testing organization with your application. These results must be less than 2 years old when you apply.

Settlement funds

You need to have enough money to support yourself and your family when you get to Canada. The amount you need depends on the size of your family. The size of your family also includes anyone you support who isn’t immigrating with you.
If you’re already living and working in Canada with a valid work permit, you don’t need to show proof of funds.

Application Fees

# Application Type Fee ( Canadian Dollars)
1 Main Applicant
Processing fee ($825) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
2 Spouse or partner
Processing fee ($825) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
3 Dependent child 225
4 Biometrics – per person 85
5 Biometrics – per group (2 or more) 170

If you would like to know more, answer a few simple questions Free Canada Immigration Eligibility Assessment and we will tell you if you qualify for Immigration to Canada. You may Call / WhatsApp +1 (416) 834-6031 or email or message us using the Contact form.